Welcome to the Charles W. Davidson College of Engineering!
The college is home to seven departments and is ranked among the top 20 engineering programs for master’s degree granting institutions by U.S. News & World Report’s annual survey of “America’s Best Colleges 2008.” Departmentally, Industrial & Systems Engineering was ranked 4th; Computer Engineering was ranked 5th; and Electrical Engineering was ranked 10th.
Some of the reasons why you should attend the SJSU Charles W. Davidson College of Engineering:
- Small class sizes for optimal learning.
- Students work with and get to know their professors.
- Faculty have strong ties to industry, bringing real-world experience into the classroom.
- Industry state-of-the-art labs, equipment, and software offer students a first-rate learning experience.
- Scholarships, internships, and industry-sponsored research projects.
- On-campus laboratories sponsored by Applied Materials, Atmel, Cadence, Cisco, Hewlett-Packard, Intel, Synopsys, Xilinx and more give students access to state-of-the-art tools and equipment to practice what they have learned in the classroom.
- Numerous student programs and organizations help students succeed.
Since the college is the largest provider of engineers to the Valley, there is a large alumni network. Some of our distinguished alumni include Donald Beall, Retired Chairman and CEO of Rockwell; Charles W. Davidson, Founder of the C. W. Davidson Company; and Omid Kordestani, Senior Vice President of Global Sales and Business Development of Google, Inc.
Read more about them and other distinguished alumni in the alumni section of our website.
Location: ENG 344
Monday - Friday
8:30am - 4:30pm
(closed 12pm - 1pm)
Academic Advising Services
- General Education
- Probation Advising
- Graduation Planning
- General Advising
Career Coaching Services
(Walk-in Tuesdays: 1:30pm – 3:30pm)
- Resume & Cover Letter Critique
- Job & Internship Search Tips
- General Career Tips
- Interviewing Tips