The Summer Service Learning Program (SSLP), part of the college's Global Poverty Alleviation (GPA) initiative and sponsored by the Wang Foundation, brings Chinese and U.S. students together to develop and implement poverty alleviation projects located in some of China's most impoverished regions. The programs include teaching English, doing poverty alleviation research, giving lectures and cultural communications, and visiting local villages.
Download Applications, Liability Release Form, and Brochure
- 2012 SSLP Application[pdf] Note: You will need to submit one faculty letter of recommendation. If you are a finalist to the program, Dr. Ping Hsu will write a second letter of recommendation for you.
- 2012 Liability Waiver Agreement[pdf]
All participants are responsible for purchasing their own transportation to and from Beijing, passport, visa, travel/health insurance, immunizations, and registration.
- Beijing Capital International Airport (airport code: PEK)
- Passport: Participants must have a current passport or have the ability to obtain one prior to the trip (for passport info go to http://travel.state.gov/passport/passport_1738.html).
- Upon selection, Tsinghua University will issue each participant the documentation to obtain an F Visa (Visiting Student). To find out more about visas go to http://www.chinaconsulatesf.org/eng/qianzhen/default.htm.
- Travel/Health Insurance:
- Insurance must be purchased for your entire length of stay.
- You can find the recommended vaccinations at the Center for Disease Control’s website at http://wwwn.cdc.gov/travel/destinationChina.aspx#vaccines.
- SSLP Registration:
- o Participants are responsible for paying a $490 registration fee upon selection
- Application Period: Dec. 10, 2011 – April 10, 2012
- By Monday, March 15, 2011, all applications (including resume and one faculty letter of recommendation) should be submitted to Dr. Ping Hsu, email@example.com.
- Week of March 15: Phone interviews with Dr. Ping Hsu
- July 11 - 31: SSLP program
For additional information: http://tsinghuafp.com/entity/first/firstInfoNews_toNewsDetail.action?bea...
Location: ENG 344
Monday - Friday
8:30am - 4:30pm
(closed 12pm - 1pm)
Academic Advising Services
- General Education
- Probation Advising
- Graduation Planning
- General Advising
Career Coaching Services
(Walk-in Tuesdays: 1:30pm – 3:30pm)
- Resume & Cover Letter Critique
- Job & Internship Search Tips
- General Career Tips
- Interviewing Tips