General Research Interests:
Specific Research Interests:
Thermal Management of Electronics, Electronics Cooling, Thermal Modelling, HVAC, Convective Heat Transfer, Heat Exchangers
- Yu, R., Sommers, A., Okamoto, N., Upadhyalula, K, "Impact of an Anistotripic Fin Surface Design on the Thermal-Hydraulic Performance of a Plain-Fin-and-Tube Heat Exchanger," Proceedings of the ASME International Mechanical Engineering Conference and Exposition, Denver, CO, (November 11-17, 2011).
- Lee, J., Okamoto, N., Chung, R., Anagnos, T., "Introducing Sustainability Concepts in Lower Division Engineering Core Courses," Proceedings of the 41st ASEE/IEEE Frontiers in Education Conference, Rapid City, South Dakota, (October 12-15, 2011 ).
- Nagendrappa, N., Okamoto, N.C., Barez, F., "Thermal Characterization of Fan-in Package-on-Packages," Proceedings of 26th Semiconductor Thermal Measurement, Modeling and Management Symposium, Santa Clara, CA, (February 21-25, 2010).
- Singh, S., Okamoto, N.C., "Optimal Micro Heat Pipe Configuration for High Performance Heat Spreaders," IMAPS Workshop on Thermal Management, Palo Alto, CA, (October 5-8, 2009).
- Meakins, M., Okamoto, N.C., Bash, C., "An Energy and Exergy Analysis of Economizer-Based Data Centers," Proceedings of the ASME International Energy Sustainability Conference, San Francisco, CA, (July 19-23, 2009).
- Okamoto, N.C., Hsu, T., Bash, C., "A Thermal Management of Electronics Course and Laboratory for Undergraduates," Advances in Engineering Education, (2009), Vol. 1, No. 3.
- Bhave, N., Okamoto, N.C., "Modeling Non-Coplanarity Effects on Thermal Design of Computer Chips," IEEE Advanced Packaging Materials Symposium, San Jose, Ca, (October 3-5, 2007).
- Heresztyn, A.J.H., DeJong Okamoto, N.C., "Thermal Design of Microchannel Heat Sinks for Low-Orbit Micro-Satellites," Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference on Microchannels and Minichannels, American Society of Mechanical Engineers, Toronto, Canada, (June 12-15, 2005).
- DeJong Okamoto, N.C., Rhee, J., Mourtos, N., "Incorporating the Impact of Engineering Solutions on Society into Technical Engineering Courses," Global Journal of Engineering Education, (2005), Vol. 9, No. 1, 77-88.
- DeJong Okamoto, N.C., Rhee, J., Mourtos, N., "Educating Students to Understand the Impact of Engineering Solutions in a Global / Societal Context," Proceedings of the 8th UICEE Annual Conference on Engineering Education, Kingston, Jamaica, (February 7-11, 2005).
Recently Funded Research Awards
- Project Title:Funding Organization:California Energy Commission
- Project Title:Funding Organization:Rockwell-Collins
- Project Title:Funding Organization:Lockheed Martin
- Project Title:Funding Organization:National Science Foundation
- Project Title:Funding Organization:American Society of Heating, Refrigerating, and Air Conditioning Engineers