1. In the CRSF design in the ANOVA, what have we added to our conceptualization ("clouds" diagram) of the underlying process for the random variable(s)?
2. What are the assumptions for the CRSF ANOVA?
3. What is it that we say is normally distributed in the General Linear Model for the CRSF ANOVA?
4. What addition changes the analytical model into the statistical model?
5. What hypotheses do we test in the ANOVA?
6. Why, then, is it called the Analysis of Variance?
7. For the CRSF design, do we have to assume equal variances?
8. Write out the specification for a CRSF design that includes 3 observations in each of 3 groups. (Your specification will contain 9 lines, where each line is an equation.) Use means coding. The first and fourth lines are provided to get you started.
9. What is the expected value (y-hat) for each observation in the CRSF design?
10. What method do we use to estimate mu and sigma squared?
11. What is the hypothesis for the main effect of treatments, in terms of group means?
12. What is the hypothesis for the main effect of treatments, in terms of effects?
13. Name two estimates of the error variance that can be derived from the data. Which one is always unbiased? Which one is unbiased if the null hypothesis is true?
14. If the null hypothesis is false, in what way is the treatment mean square (MSA) biased, as an estimator for sigma squared?
15. Is the F test in the ANOVA inherently one-tailed or two-tailed?