B.S. in General Engineering
The General Engineering program offers students an opportunity for interdisciplinary engineering education not available through traditional single discipline programs. The General Engineering curriculum provides a comprehensive program in basic engineering sciences, engineering management and entrepreneurship. The program was developed to give a broad background in engineering that is supportive of a systems approach to engineering. The combination of a strong theoretical background, special knowledge in specific areas, and broad skill in problem solving gives the graduate in general engineering a sound but flexible base for a career. The student can move into practice or advanced study in almost any branch of the engineering profession. With equal ease, the student can prepare for further study in management.
- Bioengineering Minor
- Business Minor for engineering students in conjunction with the SJSU College of Business
- Green Engineering Minor
- Bioengineering Concentration
Program educational objectives for the B.S. in General Engineering
The B.S. in General Engineering degree program has a group of Program Educational Objectives, which are intended to develop specific attributes for the General Engineering graduate. These attributes should be demonstrated in professional experience after graduation.
- Demonstrated understanding of the fundamental knowledge necessary for the practice of, or for advanced study in, engineering, including scientific principles, rigorous analysis, and problem solving.
- Demonstrated broad educational knowledge, including knowledge of important issues in engineering, necessary for productive careers in the public or private sectors, or for the pursuit of graduate education.
- Demonstrated clear communication skills, responsible teamwork, professional attitudes and ethics.
- Demonstrated a preparation for the complex work environment and for lifelong learning.
For more information about the B.S. in General Engineering, please contact Dr. Pat Backer, Director of General Engineering, at email@example.com or 408-924-3214.
M.S. in General Engineering
Our graduate program caters to working professionals with evening classes and a practical, project-based curriculum. Some examples of the many programs we offer include Software Engineering, Systems Engineering, and Embedded Systems Engineering. In addition, we offer a MBA (Master of Business Administration) and MSE (Master of Science in Engineering) joint-degree program. For more information about these graduate programs, please visit the
Graduate & Extended Studies (GES) website. You may also contact Dr. Leonard Wesley, MSE Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 408-924-3968.
If you'd like to know more about the General Engineering degree programs please visit the