Research Programs & Laboratory Facilities
The Biomedical, Chemical and Materials Engineering Department has excellent programs and facilities for courses and student research.
- Microscale Process Engineering Laboratory (MPEL)
- Provides hands-on learning experiences in process engineering, microfabrication, and device testing. The laboratory is available for research by student, faculty and external users. Also, students enrolled in MatE/EE129, MatE/EE 165, MatE/ME/EE 189, MatE/ChE166 and EE225A use this laboratory.
- Materials Characterization and Metrology Center [MC]²
- Provides a wide variety of materials imaging and chemical analysis capabilities for numerous applications throughout science and engineering. The laboratory is available for research by student, faculty and external users. Also, students enrolled in MatE 143, MatE 144, and MatE 145 use this laboratory.
- Biochemical Engineering Program
- Blends traditional engineering with subjects in the biological sciences using specially developed biochemical engineering courses and labs. The laboratory is available for research students and students enrolled in ChE 194.
- Biomedical and Biomaterials
- Polymers and Composites
- Mechanical Testing