Department of Biomedical, Chemical and Materials Engineering
Be a part of the solution! Biomedical, Chemical and Materials Engineers make a difference by designing new biomedical devices, chemicals, materials, and processing that better the world.
Graduates of our department find jobs in Silicon Valley and beyond, working as process engineers, failure analysis engineers, manufacturing engineers, plant engineers, biomedical device engineers, as well as in research and development. Our graduates can be found in all kinds of industrial sectors, including semiconductors and microelectronics, biomedical devices, biotech and pharmaceuticals, alternative energy, environmental remediation, health and safety as well as in traditional industries such as petroleum processing and metallurgy. Many of our students go onto graduate schools all over the country.
In our department, we offer
- B.S. in Biomedical Engineering
- M.S. in Biomedical Engineering
- B.S. in Chemical Engineering
- M.S. in Chemical Engineering
- B.S. in Materials Engineering
- M.S. in Materials Engineering
- Undergraduate minor in Biomedical Engineering
- Undergraduate minor in Materials Science and Engineering
Due to the unique nature of our programs in the CSU system, our majors are open to both local and non-local students at the baseline CSU eligibility index. Click here for more information on the admissions requirements.